- Effective April 5, 2021, Monday bulk trash pick-up will resume with the customary charges applied.
- Effective November 17, 2020, limited recycling services will resume; cardboard, paper, glass, aluminum, and bi-metals will be collected. Due to the impact of Covid, plastics of any type cannot be collected at this time.
Trash & Recycling Overview
Single-family home trash and recycling are collected once a week on either Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday, your collection day is based on the location of your residence. Multi-unit complexes equipped with a common trash disposal area are serviced 3 times per week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
To determine your collection day, the City is divided into 4 areas based on RT13 Business (on a North-South Line) and RT50 (on an East-West line). The Southwest quadrant is serviced on Tuesday, the Northwest quadrant on Wednesday, the Southeast on Thursday, and the Northeast on Friday.
Trash Can Requirements
The City’s automated collection trucks require the use of standard 95-gallon trash cans purchased from the City by calling 410-548-3110, delivery can be expected within 48 hours of purchase.
Recycle bins are provided at no charge and can be acquired by calling 410-548-3177, please expect a 3 to 5-day delivery window for recycling bins.
Please follow these simple steps in preparing your trash, recycling, and cardboard for pick up.
- Trash cans, recycle bins and cardboard needs to be placed curbside by 6A on your service day. The handle & wheels of the trash can should face toward the house. (arrows on top of the trash can and the can’s opening point toward the street)
- After trash service is provided, trash cans and recycle bins need to be removed from the curb and returned to the residence by 11 PM on service day.
- Trash should be placed into a bag prior to being placed in the trash can and the lid needs to be closed.
- All trash must be in the trash can, bags laying on the sidewalk/street will not be collected.
- Allow a 10’ distance between your trash can, telephone poles, street signs, and cars.
- Place broken down cardboard boxes on the ground near your trash can or in the recycling bin, all packaging material and/or plastics need to be removed.
- Due to the Covid Pandemic, we are currently not recycling any type of plastic.
- Glass bottles, aluminum cans, newspaper, junk mail, and cardboard are still being recycled, please DO NOT place recyclables in a plastic grocery bag.
- Recycle bins will not be serviced if they contain; any type of liquids, plastics (for the present time), garbage, food waste, diapers, kitty litter, soiled paper, or cardboard.
- Trash cans will not be serviced if they are; overloaded, placed curbside backward, missing one or both wheels, are in close proximity of a street sign or telephone pole.
Questions or concerns can be directed to 410-548-3177
The City’s Sanitation Department Greatly Appreciates Your Cooperation!