Disability Advisory Committee
The Disability Advisory Committee was established to ensure that citizens with disabilities in the City of Salisbury have equitable opportunities to participate in, benefit from, and relish the opportunities the community provides, such as housing, employment, transportation, communications, education, and entertainment.
The Disability Advisory Committee’s charge is as follows:
- To advise and assist the Mayor with developing, implementing, and maintaining an Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliance Plan for the City of Salisbury.
- To serve as a resource for the Mayor and the City of Salisbury relative to issues involving the City’s compliance and/or concerns expressed by its citizens.
- To establish a means by which the people with disabilities of Salisbury can formally and efficiently express concerns relative to accessibility and accommodations.
- To advise and assist with developing and maintaining a depository of related information for all concerned citizens.
- To assist the Mayor, through advocacy, education, and referral, with developing a broader appreciation and understanding of the attributes of the people with disabilities.
For more information about the Disability Advisory Committee, contact Julie English in the Mayor’s Office.
To join the September 17th meeting, please use the following Zoom information:
Meeting ID: 860 8369 6475
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,86083696475#,,,,,,0#,,019352# US (New York)
Or by location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)