Disability Advisory Committee
The Disability Advisory Committee was established to ensure that citizens with disabilities in the City of Salisbury have equitable opportunities to participate in, benefit from, and relish the opportunities the community provides, such as housing, employment, transportation, communications, education, and entertainment.
The Disability Advisory Committee’s charge is as follows:
- To advise and assist the Mayor with developing, implementing, and maintaining an Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliance Plan for the City of Salisbury.
- To serve as a resource for the Mayor and the City of Salisbury relative to issues involving the City’s compliance and/or concerns expressed by its citizens.
- To establish a means by which the people with disabilities of Salisbury can formally and efficiently express concerns relative to accessibility and accommodations.
- To advise and assist with developing and maintaining a depository of related information for all concerned citizens.
- To assist the Mayor, through advocacy, education, and referral, with developing a broader appreciation and understanding of the attributes of the people with disabilities.
For more information about the Disability Advisory Committee, contact Julie English in the Mayor’s Office.
To join the June 10th meeting at 3pm, please use the following Zoom information:
Meeting ID: 871 5963 4938
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,87159634938#,,,,*846930# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,87159634938#,,,,*846930# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)