Are you looking to get more involved in your community? The Mayor and City Council rely on a variety of volunteer-staffed boards & commissions to provide insight on community decision-making, program development, and the drafting of legislation. The Mayor and Council are currently seeking to fill vacancies on several boards & commissions, and they’re asking community members to donate their time and talents to making Salisbury the greatest small City in America.
Current vacancies on all City boards & commissions are as follows:
- The Friends of Poplar Hill Mansion has SEVEN open seats.
- The Board of Appeals has ONE open seat (for an alternate).
- The Human Rights Advisory Committee has FIVE open seats. Needs include one representative of a Religious Organization, one representative of the LGBTQ+ Community, one representative from the 16-24 age group, and two at-large
- The Parks & Recreation Committee has THREE open seats.
- The TRUTH (Truth, Racial, Unity, Transformation & Healing) Advisory Committee has SEVEN open seats.
- The Youth Development Advisory Committee (YDAC) has FOUR open seats.
- The Sustainability Advisory Committee (Green Team) has ONE open seat.