Are you looking to get more involved in your community? Mayor Day and the City Council rely on a variety of volunteer-staffed boards & commissions to provide insight on community decision-making, program development, and the drafting of legislation. The Mayor and Council are currently seeking to fill vacancies on several boards & commissions, and they’re asking community members to donate their time and talents to making Salisbury the greatest small City in America.
Current vacancies on all City boards & commissions are as follows:
- The Board of Zoning Appeals has TWO (2) open seats and ONE (1) alternate opening.
- The Building Board of Adjustments & Appeals has TWO (2) open seats and TWO (2) alternate openings. Members must have one of the following professions: Builder or Superintendent of Building Construction, Registered Architect, Registered Engineer, Mechanical or Plumbing Contractor, Fire Protection Engineer or Fire Protection Contractor. Members must be City of Salisbury Residents.
- The Disability Advisory Committee has TWO (2) open seats.
- The Ethics Commission has ONE (1) open seat. Members must be City of Salisbury residents.
- The Friends of Poplar Hill Mansion has EIGHT (8) open seats.
- The Housing Board of Adjustments & Appeals has THREE (3) open seats. Seats needing filled include one (1) realtor, one (1) physician, registered sanitarian or health official, and one (1) architect, structural engineer or general contractor. Members must be City of Salisbury residents.
- The Human Rights Advisory Committee has FOUR (4) open seats. Needs include one representative of a Religious Organization, one representative of the LGBTQ+ Community, one representative from the 16-24 age group, and one at-large
- The Parks & Recreation Committee has TWO (2) open seats.
- The Sustainability Advisory Committee (Green Team) has ONE (1) open seat.
- The Youth Development Advisory Committee (YDAC) has FIFTEEN (15) open seats.