The City of Salisbury, Junior Achievement of the Eastern Shore, the Wicomico Board of Education, and the Greater Salisbury Committee have partnered to provide a paid 8-week employment opportunity. Participants will work in a variety of industries through the City of Salisbury and gain workforce readiness and career-specific skills which includes structured learning and mentoring designed to give teens the skills and knowledge they need to succeed and thrive post-graduation. Volunteers from JA will work with the participants throughout to ensure optimal on-the-job performance, and will counsel the participants on resume and soft skill development. By the end of the program, participants will have established work experience history, learned valuable job skills, cultivated the knowledge necessary for future career growth, and gained access to business resources in and around the City.
- Students must be in the 10th -12th grade for the 2023/2024 academic year
- Must be currently enrolled Wicomico County school district
- Must be able to provide work permit no later than June 20th,2023
- Applicants are required to provide 2 forms of updated identification (Birth certificate, Social Security, Current student ID or State issued ID)
- Must have consistent reliable transportation to & from work
- Applicants Residency in the City of Salisbury Preferred (but not required)
- Must be able to work no less than 32 hours per week for the 8 week period starting June 20th – August 11th
APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR SUMMER 2023
YOUTH WORK IN THE NEWS(For the latest in Youth Development news please follow us on Facebook and Instagram @cityofsbycommunityrelations.