- Parkside High School,
- University of Maryland Eastern Shore,
- Salisbury University,
- Wor Wic Community College,
- Regional Job Fairs, including within the State of Maryland and surrounding states,
- Regional Military Bases,
- Social Media Platforms,
- Community Interaction,
- All member of the Salisbury Police Department participate in recruitment efforts.
Newly hired police officers attend the Eastern Shore Criminal Justice Academy at Wor-Wic Community College. The police academy is certified by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commissions. ESCJA is not a full time residential academy.
Basic entrance level police recruit training includes but is not limited to the following:
- 24 Weeks of Classes – Entrance Level for Law Enforcement Officers
- 950 Instructional hours as required by MD Police Training Commission
- 131 hours of Human Relationship Training
- Graduates of the police academy are eligible to receive up to 25 college credits
Additional information on the Eastern Shore Criminal Justice Academy can be found on the Wor Wic Community College website. https://www.worwic.edu/Academics/PoliceAcademy.aspx