Whether you choose to rent or purchase a home in Salisbury, we want you to know what to expect through the process, what our community has to offer and how to be your own best advocate.
This map allows you to explore neighborhoods, shows you where our schools are and gives you a closer look at the parcel information for your property.
Interactive City exploration tool coming soon!
Be aware of your rights as a tenant. The City of Salisbury has laws to protect you! Tenants Rights Lease Addendum
SAPOA is the property owner’s association here in Salisbury. Your landlord may be a member. check out their tenant tips and advice for being a successful renter.
What to do if you receive a notice of code violation? We’ve got you covered! Our Code Services department walks you through the process of rectifying the situation.
Buying in Salisbury
Purchasing a home is the biggest investment most of us will make in our lives. Choosing Salisbury as your City is not something we take lightly and we are here to help you become a Salisbury homeowner! With many resources and options, buying your home in Salisbury should be fun and easy.
Use the map above (coming soon) to peruse neighborhoods, school districts- even individual parcels of interest to you!
Use these resources to get yourself fiscally ready to purchase:
- Salisbury Neighborhood Housing Services offers financial counseling, home buyer education services, foreclosure mitigation, grant and loan products to assist you in your journey toward home ownership, as well as maintaining your home should times get tough. Many of their services are free of charge. www.salisburynhs.org
- Telamon Corporation offers financial counseling, home buyer education services, mulitlingual services, foreclosure mitigation and credit and budget services to assist you in home purchase and successful home ownership. www.telamon.org/maryland-housing.aspx
- Habitat for Humanity Wicomico County brings the vision of home ownership to reality for many who thought it was never possible. A global organization, Habitat for Humanity utilizes federal, state and local funding as well as swet equity to build houses and places local families as home owners- most for the first time. Habitat for Humanity today operates around the globe and has helped build, renovate and repair more than 600,000 decent, affordable houses sheltering more than 3 million people worldwide. http://www.wicomicohabitat.org/
Now to find your new home! Salisbury is home to many licensed realtors. Always use a licensed realtor to find and secure your new home.
Searching for properties should be fun and easy! Utilize the Coastal Association of Realtors to view all properties on the Maryland Listing Service within your search parameters, as well as search for and vet your new realtor.
- A recent graduate of SU and looking to start a business and call Salisbury home? The City can provide business and real estate resources through our ‘Buy a Home, Build a Business‘ program!
- Are you purchasing a rental property and converting it into your primary residence? We have a tax abatement program to help save you money! Contact Housing and Community Development to find out if your property qualifies!