This page contains information regarding City Licensing for Mobile Vendors & Transient Merchants and Surety Bond requirements and the application for a Mobile Vendor License
The application fee is $50, non-refundable fee paid at the time of application and an additional $40 per each person associated with the operations of the business
- Submit completed application to the Business Development Director at 110 N Division Street, Salisbury, MD. It is important that all requested information be provided so that the background check process is not delayed.
- The Business Applicant Information must be filled out by the owner of the company
- The Applicant Information form must be filled out by anyone working or associated with the business.
- Application fee may be paid by cash, check payable to the City of Salisbury, or by credit card
- A Surety Bond in the amount of $1,000 must be posted and a copy of the bond submitted to the Office of Business Development, City of Salisbury, 110 N. Division St, Salisbury, MD, 21801, prior to the issuance of the Permit License. This bond is required as a guaranty from a Surety to a government and its constituents (Obligee) that a Company (Principal) will comply with an underlying statute, state law, municipal ordinance, or regulation.
- Background checks will be performed on every person associated with the operations of the business. Please have anyone who will be working for your organization complete the “Applicant Information” portion of the application and submit it. It takes approximately two weeks for background checks to be completed by the City Police Department. Applicants/agents that are out-of-state residents are requested to provide a certified background report from the State in which they reside when their application is submitted
Mobile Vendor Guidelines
- Please review Chapter 5.32.010 or the City of Salisbury Municipal Code for guidelines
- Operating hours for mobile vendors and transient merchants are limited to 9 AM – 9 PM, unless special exception is given by the Mayor