This packet contains information regarding City Licensing for Mobile Vendors & Transient Merchants and Surety Bond requirements and the application for a Mobile Vendor License
The application fee is $100, non-refundable fee paid at the time of application. Renewal applications are $50.
Prior to the City issuing the License:
- Applicants must contact the Wicomico County Clerk of the Circuit Court’s Office to determine if a license is required by them.
Wicomico County Clerk of the Circuit Court’s Office – 410-543-6551
- If you are serving food, please contact the Wicomico Health Department for applicable licensing
- The City of Salisbury Fire Marshal oversees Fire Safety and Suppression requirements for food trucks, contact [email protected] for further information
Application Process/ Requirements
- Submit completed application to the Business Development Director at 110 N Division Street, Salisbury, MD. It is important that all requested information be provided so that the background check process is not delayed.
- Application fee may be paid by cash, check payable to the City of Salisbury, or by credit card
- A Surety Bond in the amount of $1,000 must be posted and a copy of the bond submitted to the Office of Business Development, City of Salisbury, 110 N. Division St, Salisbury, MD, 21801, prior to the issuance of the Permit License. This bond is required as a guaranty from a Surety to a government and its constituents (Obligee) that a Company (Principal) will comply with an underlying statute, state law, municipal ordinance, or regulation. The Surety Bond should extend a year past the license expiration date.
- Background checks will be performed on every owner/principal associated with the operations of the business. Please make sure anyone who will be working for your organization does not violate Section 5.32.080 of the Code of Ordinances. It can take up to a month for background checks to be completed by the City Police Department. Applicants/agents that are out-of-state residents are requested to provide a certified background report from the State in which they reside when their application is submitted
Mobile Vendor Guidelines
- Please review Chapter 5.32.010 or the City of Salisbury Municipal Code for guidelines
- Operating hours for mobile vendors and transient merchants are limited to 9 AM – 9 PM, unless special exception is given by the Mayor