A micro-grant program activated by funds donated by Delmarva Power and from the City’s Revolving Loan Fund to assist small businesses in the City of Salisbury impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and affiliated State Executive Orders.
Thank you to our partners at Delmarva Power for their investment in this program and in our small business community.
- Lottery based-system for eligible applicants
- Application period closes 7/7/20 at 11:59 PM
- One-time grant award of $2,300 with no repayment due
- Limited to one award per business entity
- Eligible grant uses:
- Provide paid sick leave to employees unable to work due to the direct effect of the coronavirus
- Maintaining payroll and/or retaining employees during business disruptions or substantial shutdowns
- Meeting increased costs to obtain materials unavailable from the applicant’s original source due to interrupted supply chains
- Making rent or mortgage payments
- Repaying obligations that cannot be met due to revenue losses
- Purchasing PPE or spending on safety measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19
Criteria for Eligible Businesses
- Must be a registered business entity in good standing with the State of Maryland and City of Salisbury
- Must have a physical establishment in the City of Salisbury, within the Revolving Loan Boundary map
- Businesses outside the Revolving Loan area and that fit the other criteria will be eligible for the lottery for the funds donated by Delmarva Power
- Not sure if you’re in the approved area? Contact [email protected] with your address for verification.
- Must have no more than 25 full time employees (as of March 5, 2020)
- Must be engaged in activities that were or are currently regulated or impacted by the COVID-19 Maryland’s State of Emergency and have a license/permit associated to that regulation (i.e. there must be mandated proof that your business was forced to be partially/fully closed, a organization shifting to telework would not be sufficient mandated proof)
- Have no pre-existing tax liens or legal judgements prior to March 5
- The following entities are NOT eligible:
- Home-based businesses
- Medical service providers
- Non-profit organizations
- Banks & financial institutions
- Investment real-estate entities
- Food trucks
- National franchises
- Government agencies
- Contractors/construction/service repair based businesses
- An applicant can apply online or by email to [email protected]
- The application will be reviewed by the Director of Business Development, an officer in the City of Salisbury Finance Department, and the Deputy City Administrator for completeness
- The applicant must demonstrate a tangible and immediate need for funding
- The applicant must certify that the funds will be used for the tangible and immediate need
- Once the applicants are verified and approved, they will be classified by Tier 1 or Tier 2. Tier 1 applicants must meet all guidelines of the application process and demonstrate that they were mandated to be fully closed. Tier 2 applicants must demonstrate that they were mandated to partially close as a result of the State of Maryland’s Executive Orders.
- Tier 1 applicants will receive first priority and approved applications will be entered into a lottery system. If there are funds left over after the Tier 1 lottery system, a lottery will open for Tier 2 applicants.
- Awardees will be selected at random and will receive the grant check via mail.
- Awardees will be required to complete a disbursement form and must be able to produce receipts within 60 days of City approval
- Awardees consent to be included in marketing and promotional materials
Contact the City of Salisbury Office of Business Development at 410-677-1915 or [email protected] for additional information