Mayor’s Emergency Business Roundtable
- Meetings are held digitally on Facebook Live & YouTube Tuesdays at 2 PM
- Businesses are encouraged to send recovery ideas to [email protected]
- Notes from the March 17 meeting available here
Maryland Business Express – information and resources for business
- Information on the Executive Order & Restrictions
- FAQ about the Coronavirus
- Links to Employer & Worker Assistance
- Financial Assistance & Taxes
- Licensing & Permitting
The Small Business Development Center has put together a Maryland SBDC COVID-19 Small Business Survival Guide.
Department of Commerce has announced their funding & incentive resource programs here: https://commerce.maryland.gov/fund/maryland-small-business-covid-19-emergency-relief-fund-programs?fbclid=IwAR2juV-tMCDQcMUoZT9GduYjxxyXOGF1LmgSOA9g-KjTd3KoaNhd56g21Z4
Department of Labor has announced relief programs here: http://www.labor.maryland.gov/employment/covidlafund.shtml
- Business sales tax payments deferred until June
- A Rainy Day fund for Small Businesses is under consideration, has not passed yet.
- An application has been submitted and approved to the SBA for Economic Hardship funding, if your business has been impacted by COVID-19, you are eligible to apply for low interest hardship loans from the SBA. The application can be found here.
- The Small Business Development Center has compiled an information fact sheet about the SBA Economic Hardship loan here
- Delmarva Power – is suspending service disconnections and waiving new late payment fees through at least May 1. We will be working with customers on a case-by-case basis to establish payment arrangements and identify energy assistance options.
- Choptank Electric Co-op is suspending service disconnections and waiving new late payment fees through at least May 1 for both residential and commercial customers.
- Chesapeake Utilities – is suspending service disconnections and waiving new late payment fees through at least May 1 for both residential and commercial customers.
City of Salisbury tips
- We are tracking and promoting businesses that are remaining open here
- If you can, try contacting your landlord regarding a potential rent reduction and give them a realistic number of what you will be able to pay
- Contact credit card companies to see if they will delay payments for 2 cycles of no interest or penalties
- Please submit business recovery ideas to [email protected]
- Consider putting your restaurant on RallyForRestaurants.com if you can sell gift cards online
- We encourage you to look into e-commerce options during this period and promote online shopping capability. There are many e-commerce options available and your website platform provider may have several integrations that work with your website.