Any exterior change would need to have Salisbury Historic District Commission approval before the work has commenced. The SHDC meets on a monthly basis, usually the 4th Wednesday of the month, 7 p.m. in the Government Office Building, 3rd floor, room 301.
Please see the link on this page for the application that must be filled out. In addition to this application some photographs and additional information will be required to be submitted. Listed below is what is required:
- Photo of the subject property – all elevations
- Photo of the property to the immediate left of the subject property – front elevation only
- Photo of the property to the immediate right of the subject property – front elevation only
- Close up photos of the work to be done, i.e., if you are requesting to replace windows, you could include close up photos of the existing windows
- Manufacturer information on the product you are seek approval to use.
- $25.00 Fee payable at the City Finance Office.
You must submit your application and photos at least 30 days in advance of the meeting.