The Bicycle Friendly Driver program is a 1 1/2 hour interactive class, taught by Bicycle Ambassadors aimed at educating all drivers on the best and safest ways to share the road with people on bicycles. The class addresses:
- Why sharing the road is the safest alternative for both motorists and bicyclists
- What’s legal and what’s not legal, for both motorists and bicyclists
- Common crashes and how to avoid them
- Why bicyclists “take the lane” and what motorists should do in response
- How to navigate bicycle related infrastructure such as sharrows and bike lanes.
You can request a Bicycle Friendly Driver Class at your business or organization by emailing [email protected]. (i’ve requested this email address be created for and for now forward to me)
Upcoming class dates will be posted soon! (or some kind of placeholder)
Upon successful completion of the class, participants will receive a Bicycle Friendly Driver certificate and sticker which can be displayed on their vehicle.