Salisbury – In addition to measures already in place to minimize the impact of COVID-19 upon our community, and in adherence with federal guidance, the Salisbury Zoo, and all City of Salisbury Playgrounds are hereby closed to the public until further notice. Outdoor spaces remain open and a great alternative for social distancing in a natural environment. Groups or gatherings of more than 10 people are prohibited.
The following park and recreational spaces will remain closed until further notice:
• Ben’s Red Swings
• Salisbury Zoo
• Waterside Park Basketball Court and Playground
• Lake Street Park Basketball Court and Playground
• Johnson Lake Neighborhood Playground
• Doverdale Park Basketball Court and Playground
• Jeanette P. Chipman Boundless Park and Playground
• Play Area on west side of Bandstand
• Play Area on east side of Bandstand
• Picnic Island play structure
• City Park Tennis Courts
• Francis J. Tilghman Memorial Dog Park
• Comfort Safety Zone Playground
• Elizabeth W. Woodcock Park and Playground
• Newtown-Camden Tot Lot Park and Playground
• Newtown Park
• West Salisbury Little League Playground
• Salisbury Skate Park
What You Can Do
The following guidelines are provided by the Centers for Disease Control:
• Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds at a time.
• Avoid touching your face.
• If you’re sick with any ailment, stay home.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• When in public, maintain a social distance of at least six feet.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw it away. If you don’t have a tissue, use your elbow.
• Clean surfaces you touch regularly.
We thank you for your understanding as we are forced to take these difficult and unprecedented steps aimed at preventing the spread of the virus, and, ultimately, saving the lives of our friends, neighbors, and family members. While we stress the importance of social distancing, please bear in mind that there is no mandate to stay sequestered inside your home. We encourage citizens to get out and remain active RESPONSIBLY, while maintaining a healthy distance from others. Citizens are discouraged from engaging in contact sports, or gathering in groups of 10 or more for any reason.
Please continue to exercise caution by washing your hands frequently, and adhering to all suggested and mandated social distancing measures. For more information, go to www.coronarecoverytaskforce.com, and continue to monitor the City of Salisbury Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts for breaking news and developments.